Devicescape is seeking an experienced mobile software engineer to develop primarily on theAndroid mobile platform.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing complex mobile software at both the application and system level, preferably for a mobile-related business (apps, operating-ystem, or network operator). Knowledge of both C and Java is required.
As a software engineer, you will be a member of the client development team, which is responsible for developing the Devicescape Curator Client. The Curator Client provides an innovative data offload solution and service for mobile network operators, reducing their 3G/4G data costs.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with fast-paced start-up environments and be committed to developing high-quality products aimed at providing a high level of customer value. Devicescape practices Agile development methodology, so you should be familiar with these concepts and be comfortable with iterative team-focused development.
◦ Minimum of 2.1 Degree in Computer Science, or similar discipline
◦ 3+ years of development experience in a fast-paced environment with hard project deadlines
◦ Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
◦ 1+ years of Android development experience, including solid skills with Java and C. A broad knowledge of other languages is expected
◦ Enthusiasm for keeping up-to-date with relevant software technologies, in support of business objectives
◦ Fanatical attention to detail at all stages of the development cycle, with a self-starter mentality
◦ Commitment to collaborating with remote colleagues in different time zones
◦ Familiarity with developing system-level services, as well as consumer apps
◦ Knowledge of Wi-Fi and mobile carrier technology. Experience with wireless and cellular APIs a plus
◦ Experience with other mobile platforms a bonus
To apply (no agencies), please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
Devicescape Limited - www.devicescape.com
Devicescape is an innovative Bay Area based company that redefines the “always best
connected” mobile experience. The company is establishing a new and fast growing
engineering team at their new office in Cambridge, UK. Exciting opportunities, at various levels
of experience, are available for mobile software developers to join the team and make their