Devicescape is seeking an experienced QA Engineer to test applications for different mobile platforms,primarily Android devices. The ideal candidate will have experience testing complex mobile applicationsat both the GUI and protocol levels, preferably for a mobile-related business (apps, operating-system, ornetwork operator).
The QA Engineer for mobile products is a member of the UK Engineering team, with direction coming from the US-based Client QA team, which is responsible for testing the Devicescape Curator Client. The
Curator Client provides an innovative data offload solution and service for mobile network operators,reducing their 3G/4G data costs.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with fast-paced start-up environments and be committed to developing high-quality products aimed at providing a high level of customer value. Devicescape practices Agile development methodology, so you should be familiar with these concepts and be comfortable with iterative team-focused development.
◦ Test the company’s software products on a variety of platforms, including mobile handsets
◦ Execute formal test plans, ensuring that products comply with specifications, measuring battery and memory usage, filing defects, managing lists of defects, developing test plans, and generating test reports
◦ Set up and configure test systems and equipment
◦ Collaborate with the mobile products development team to successfully resolve problems found during testing
◦ Devise methods to improve efficiency of testing
◦ Minimum of 2.1 degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
◦ Two years’ work experience in software quality assurance engineering
◦ Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
◦ Demonstrated record of working on and testing mobile phone devices, including the Android operating system
◦ Basic knowledge of Linux, IP networking, and Wi-Fi is required. Also, scripting (Perl, Python), and device test automation.
◦ Commitment to collaborating with remote colleagues in different time zones
◦ Experience with Agile development process
◦ Experience working with mobile network operators and handset OEMs
◦ Experience testing mobile handset middleware
To apply (no agencies), please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
Devicescape Limited – www.devicescape.com
Devicescape is an innovative Bay Area based company that redefines the “always best connected” mobile experience. The company is establishing a new and fast growing engineering team at their new office in Cambridge, UK. Exciting opportunities, at various levels of experience, are available for mobile software developers to join the team and make their mark.