Chemical Computing Group is a life science software company that provides state-of the-art drug discovery software for major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies around the world. Our software, MOE, the Molecular Operating Environment, is a platform-independent molecular modelling package that offers life science researchers a broad range of powerful built-in applications. An embedded high level programming language, SVL, allows for rapid implementation of new scientific methods as well as easy, flexible customization.
We currently have an open full-time position in our Research and Development department, located in Cambridge UK, and offer talented and motivated individuals highly challenging and stimulating employment.
CCG offers a dynamic working environment, a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. For out-of-the-box thinkers with a passion for programming and no fear of a steep learning curve, R&D provides a unique opportunity to work on a multitude of different projects in all stages of the software development cycle.
As a member of R&D, your responsibilities would include:
- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining applications and extensions to CCG products
- Researching, implementing and verifying new approaches to computer-assisted drug discovery
- Writing technical documentation
- Providing technical assistance to the scientific support team
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, implement and maintain software
- Five or more years experience with commercial software or F/OSS development
- Experience with unit and integration testing within an Agile/TDD environment
- A demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for IT, specifically application development and support e.g. an awareness of industry knowledge and trends, evidence of IT learning, personal research into IT sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative attitude
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline, such as Computational Chemistry/Physics/Biology, Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or Applied Mathematics
- Experience with all phases of the software development cycle
- Experience with large scale deployments in corporate IT systems
- Ability to develop Web services architecture
- Experience developing new product features and new applications within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of WebGL and vector-oriented languages
Please send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com (with R&D UK-SSD in the subject line). Please include descriptions of the programming projects in which you were involved, and the nature of your involvement.
We thank all applicants, however, please note that only applicants selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.