C, Java, Linux scripting, IT infrastructure, test, support
Keywords: HPC, Linux, dev ops
Software start-up Ellexus is looking for term-time software developers to support our experienced R&D team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing company currently developing new technology. We make tools for Linux super computers and high performance computing so this is a fantastic opportunity to solve difficult problems and to work with really smart people.
We are expanding our team with term-time developers so that we support members of staff who need the flexibility to work around childcare commitments and so we can regularly boost our headcount during the busiest times.
Ellexus is the I/O profiling company. We make tools for high performance computing and cloud optimisation. The successful candidate will form part of a team responsible for designing, implementing and shaping the future of our new products.
The term-time developers will support the full-time development team with the most critical work. As a start-up company we expect everyone to take on a range of responsibilities, so we place great emphasis on the ability to learn new skills. We try to assign the most suitable person to each job, but equally the ideal candidate will be able to apply their time to a range of tasks. This could be in product development, in test, in IT infrastructure or a mixture as part of our customer support obligations.
We are looking for a candidate with a good technical degree in a relevant area or with relevant work experience. We value applicants with Master’s degrees or PhDs in related areas although this is not a requirement for the role.
The successful candidate will have general Linux and programming experience, as well as experience and skills in one or more of the following areas, but we place more importance on transferable skills and ability to learn rather than requiring specific experience:
- Software build, deployment and test environments
- Languages such as C, Java, Python
- Linux administration, scripting and build systems: GNU Make, Shell (Bash/Csh)
- Cloud technologies such as Amazon AWE or Microsoft Azure.
- HPC technology such as LSF, Grid Engine, Lustre or GPFS.Pay will be negotiated based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
- Ellexus offers a creative, friendly work environment surrounded by other start-ups and technology businesses. Benefits include flexible hours, a pension scheme, cycle schemes and staff socials. We place huge emphasis on personal development and would welcome someone who is keen to grow their role as the company continues to expand.