Keywords: HPC, Linux, dev ops
Software start-up Ellexus is looking for a test and dev ops engineer to support our experienced R&D team and to update our test infrastrcture. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing company currently developing new technology. We make tools for Linux super computers and High-Performance Computing so this is no ordinary test and dev ops role.
Ellexus is the I/O profiling company. We make tools for high performance computing and cloud optimisation. The successful candidate will form part of a team responsible for designing, implementing and shaping the future of our new products.
As a start-up company we expect everyone to take on a range of responsibilities, so we place great emphasis on the ability to learn new skills. The right candidate will be able to independently research an area that is new to them and come up with an elegant solution to the problem.
Our customers are IT managers of large compute clusters so as well as working with our developers, the role may also include some aspects of customer support. The day-to-day responsibilities will include maintaining our build and test infrastructure (jenkins and kvm) as well as developing new tests for our product suits and implementing our long term flexible compute for our test environment using cloud resources.
We are looking for a candidate with a good technical degree in a relevant area or with relevant work experience. We value applicants with Master’s degrees or PhDs in related areas although this is not a requirement for the role.
The successful candidate will have general Linux administration skills and programming experience, as well as experience and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Linux administration, scripting and build systems: GNU Make, Shell (Bash/Csh)
- Software build, deployment and test environments
- Cloud technologies such as Amazon AWE or Microsoft Azure.
- HPC technology such as LSF, Grid Engine, Lustre or GPFS.Pay will be negotiated based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
- Ellexus offers a creative, friendly work environment surrounded by other start-ups and technology businesses. We place huge emphasis on personal development and would welcome someone who is keen to grow their role as the company continues to expand.
Felicity Pitchers <email@example.com>