Keywords: C, Linux
Software start-up Ellexus is looking for a skilled, creative C programmer/software developer to help shape the design of our existing and upcoming products. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing company currently developing new technology.
Ellexus is the I/O profiling company. We make tools for high performance computing and cloud optimisation. We work with customers around the world in the semiconductor industry, in life sciences, cancer research and many other sectors.
The successful candidate will form part of a team responsible for designing, implementing and shaping the future of our new products. He or she will also be extending the functionality of our existing software, supported by a team of experts in Linux and program interaction.
As a start-up company we expect everyone to take on a range of responsibilities, so we place great emphasis on the ability to learn new skills. The right candidate will be able to independently research an area that is new to them and come up with an elegant solution to the problem.
We are looking for a candidate with a good technical degree in a relevant area or with relevant work experience. We value applicants with Master’s degrees or PhDs in related areas although this is not a requirement for the role.
The successful candidate will have experience and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- C programming
- Linux GlibC
- Linux scripting and build systems: GNU Make, Shell (Bash/Csh)
- General Linux administration skills and dev ops
- Commercial software development and code base maintenance
- Software build, deployment and test
- High Performance Computing: MPI, shared storage, job schedulers etc
- The following skills are also valued, but not core to the role:
- Technical writing experience (Research papers, tutorials, technical blogging)
- Customer facing experience (Face-to-face demos, customer services and support)
- Experience using or maintaining a large HPC Linux IT system such as those used in semiconductor, banking or pharmaceutical computing
- Pay will be negotiated based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Felicity Pitchers <firstname.lastname@example.org>