Headquartered in Cambridge, UK. Crowdsurfer (www.crowdsurfer.com) is building the
world’s trusted, data intelligence service for the global crowd finance phenomenon.
Crowdsurfer provides those who seek to participate in or serve the industry with the market
intelligence they need to be successful. We do it because we believe that crowd finance has
the power to make the world a better place.
What we’re looking for
To implement this vision, we need a pioneering data analytics team to rapidly commercialise
the value in our dataset. We love the idea of machines fulfilling their rightful role in making
society more productive and confident. If you’re a quick learner and think you have the
creativity required to keep us one step ahead in the fast-moving world of crowd finance, keep
Crowd finance is allowing people to put their money where their mouth is, bringing the latest
opportunities for raising or investing funds to the masses. We are using cutting edge
machine intelligence techniques to provide a detailed, impartial and personalised analysis of
what is going on in crowd finance, in order to increase our users’ confidence in engaging with
this emerging market.
What you’ll be doing
Our immediate focus is on providing an analysis of the structured and unstructured data
within the millions of crowd finance campaigns our data acquisition team collects. We need a
Data Scientist to join our team to assist with breaking down the market into sectors to help
users express what they are interested in, producing indicators of the growth in the market
and pulling out newsworthy insights from our dataset, to help users to answer questions and
succeed in raising or investing funds.
You’ll be working closely with the Head of Analytics on building up our analytics API. This is
built on top of a set of web-apps and databases of historical crowd finance campaigns
running on a cloud-based platform. You would take responsibility for the design,
development, testing and evaluation of algorithms, diagnostic tools and APIs by participating
in agile sprints.
• A masters in a computer science, engineering or physical sciences subject
• Fluent in Python
• A demonstrable interest in data analysis
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
Highly desirable experience
• Machine learning
• Natural language processing
• Document retrieval and classification
• Anomaly detection
• Recommendation systems
What we offer
• Tax efficient share options
• Flexibility in what hours you work
• 25 holiday days in addition to public holidays
• Opportunity to work with lots of cool technologies (e.g Elasticsearch, Neo4J,
• Accountability and autonomy and an opportunity to expand your skillset and make
your mark – everyone’s view counts in a small company
• We can sponsor a work visa
• Roughly 50:50 male/female team (including management)
Our little perks
We’re a young, high growth company so we have little perks that make us a bit special:
• Our walls are chalkboards. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Of course that was
before we covered a potential investor in chalk (they still invested!)
• While we expect you to be in the office most days, we’re flexible if you need to work
from home. Work From Home Wednesdays seems to have caught on.
• Informal dress code. Formal Wear Fridays hasn’t caught on.
• We take little company outings to do cool things – being in Cambridge means regular
Salary: Up to £50,000 p.a., depending on experience
Hours: Full time
To apply please send a short email and your CV to email@example.com
Crowdsurfer Ltd is a limited company registered in England (No. 08321670). Crowdsurfer
Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.