Job Title: Android Developer
Join RedBite’s growing Cambridge-based team as we launch our most exciting phase of development to date. Our RFID, IoT and cloud-based asset management and tracking solutions are gaining huge traction worldwide and are helping more and more companies to solve very real problems that they are faced with every day.
Overview of the Role
You will join a diverse, bright and experienced team of developers that have developed systems used by one of the world’s largest intergovernmental organisations, across over 55 countries.
You will be able to read and write complex code, have the ability to take complex tasks and break them down into manageable chunks of work and you’ll have a keen eye for detail. You will be able to communicate effectively both with technical and non-technical teams.
With opportunities to travel, a competitive salary, flexible office hours and a fun, collaborative and relaxed environment – what more could you ask for!
If this sounds like the dream role you’ve been looking for, please get in touch right away so that you don’t miss out. Send us over your CV and covering letter (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 31st January 2018!
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Build new features into pre-existing app while maintaining and improving existing features and functionality
• Collaborate cross-platform to define, design and release new features
• Write test cases for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
• Minimum of 2 years demonstrable Android Development experience
• You will have taken a key role in at least one app published in the Google Play Store
• Experience using a NoSQL database platform ideally Couchbase
• Source Control using GIT
Skills & Qualities:
• Maintainable, clean and clearly documented code using Java
• Willingness to work with cross-platform Java library when necessary
• Demonstrable debugging and performance profiling skills using appropriate tools
• UX/UI Design
• Strong attention to detail, especially with UI components
• Ability to communicate effectively with other developers and members of the non-technical team
• Self-motivated and independent
• Ability to make good time estimates when planning work e.g breakdown of tasks, critical paths of work, etc.
• BS/MS degree in Maths, Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent