- Manx Telecom chooses Cambridge-based telecommunications specialist C3 to develop fully customised network messaging solution
- The new platform has been fully integrated into Manx Telecom’s IMS Alcatel Lucent carrier infrastructure
Manx Telecom, the Isle of Man’s leading communications provider, has gone live with a new and improved network messaging solution for the island’s subscribers.
The business is known for pioneering new communication technology and has recently invested in C3’s cutting-edge Apcentia Network Messaging SIP-based platform, to offer an enhanced service to its voicemail users. The new platform has been fully integrated into Manx Telecom’s IMS Alcatel Lucent carrier infrastructure, whilst all DTMF Menu Interfaces have been set to match the previous system, preventing any disruption to customer usage.
“We were very impressed with C3’s multi-application platform, which offers our customers a number of new and enhanced services,” said Mervyn Harvey, Mobile Product Manager Manx Telecom. “We were very pleased with the high level of support they provided during the change-over and the minimal impact on customers at that time. The team are incredibly easy to work with and very responsive in delivering any custom changes that we requested.”
C3’s fully-customised platform enables Manx’ subscribers to manage their voice mailbox via a unified inbox, and offers them a number of new services, including:
- Multiple CLI-based greetings
- Email forwarding of voice messages
- Speaking clock
- Voice recognition navigation
- Voice mail access via the web (reducing roaming charges).
Manx Telecom now has two mirrored C3 systems meaning it can provide a geographically resilient platform to its customers. The platform’s scalable footprint means that new applications can easily be added to the system, and the Manx technical team has been trained to use Fusion IVR – C3’s call services software – to develop their own custom features.
If you need any further information please get in touch with marketing executive Katie Matthews on 01223 427700 or Katie@c3.co.uk.
C3 is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of telecommunication platforms for Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Messaging, Call Conferencing and Customised Call Handling Solutions. For over 20 years, C3 has installed telecommunication technology in more than 26 countries with clients including BT, Cable & Wireless, Vodafone and Virgin Media. The company recently received a 94% customer satisfaction rating from research company BenchmarQ.
The Jeffreys Building
St John’s Innovation Centre
T: 01223 427700
About Manx Telecom
- Manx Telecom is the largest telecommunications and Internet provider on the Isle of Man, offering a full range of fixed line, mobile, and data services to consumers and businesses.
- Manx Telecom provides 100% broadband coverage to all fixed lines on the Island, which currently experiences higher average broadband speeds than the UK. Manx Telecom provides its customers with the best 3G mobile coverage and fastest mobile broadband speeds on the Island.
- Over the last ten years it has invested some £120 million in the Island’s telecommunications infrastructure. A key element of its investment has been a spend of some £25 million designing and building a Next Generation Network (NGN). Based on Internet Protocol (IP), the NGN will enable Manx Telecom to offer its personal and business customers on the Isle of Man the ability to access and manipulate voice, data, television, and video, on one seamless converged network.
Manx Telecom Ltd
Isle of Man Business Park
Isle of Man