The SJIC Soft Landing service is part of the international soft landing service offered through European Business & Innovation Centres Network (EBN). The international service is currently in its pilot phase but is ultimately planned to offer soft landing services at more than 200 incubators across Europe and many more across the world. The service is a reciprocal arrangement amongst groups of certified first class business incubators, whereby short term business support is provided to visiting companies, with the aim of boosting their international development.
At SJIC we offer businesses from overseas that are considering or at an early stage of undertaking international business within the Cambridge region, a range of facilities and support to assist them with the practical, legal and financial issues involved in achieving their business objectives. The service provides the following:-
• Office facilities including desk, chair, Wi-Fi /internet “plug in and go” access for a laptop, printing and photo-copying facilities, access to telephone and fax lines and use of meeting rooms.
• Two meetings (1 – 2 hours each) with locally-based business support managers
• A regional market analysis tailored to a specific sector
• General administrative and practical issues associated with doing business in or within the region.
• An Information Pack providing information on Cambridge and the East of England Region, SJIC, economic statistics, financial and fiscal incentives, relevant case studies and general information.
• Pre-arranged meetings with selected businesses, research organisations or others to explore strategic partnership opportunities as well as meetings with professional advisers as needed (up to 5 meetings in total).
The cost of the above package will vary according to the sector of interest. For the main tech sectors in which Cambridge is heavily involved (wireless, cleantech and biotech/pharma) the cost will be €40 per day for a maximum of 5 days. Costs for periods beyond 5 days will be subject to individual quotation. For other sectors additional charges may be applicable for specialist support and meetings (estimated range €150 to €600).
For SJIC tenants and virtual tenants we can facilitate the provision of soft landing facilities for you at a large number of overseas locations. Individual costs will vary according to location and type of support needed.
For further details please contact David Gill– firstname.lastname@example.org