Job Title: Android Developer
Role: Android Developer
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000
Overview of the Role
Join our growing Cambridge-based team as we launch our most exciting phase of development to date. Our RFID, IoT and cloud-based asset management and tracking solutions are gaining huge traction and are helping more and more companies to solve very real problems that they are faced with every day. Even more excitingly, we are currently working on epic transformations of our product offering that will change the face of asset management forever!
You will join a diverse, bright and experienced team of developers that have developed systems used by one of the world’s largest intergovernmental organisations, across over 55 countries. You will be able to read and write complex code, have the ability to take complex tasks and break them down into manageable chunks of work and you’ll have a keen eye for detail.
With opportunities to travel, a competitive salary, flexible office hours and a fun, collaborative and relaxed environment – what more could you ask for!
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Design and build the next generation of our Android application
• Collaborate cross-platform to define, design and release new features
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
• 2/3 years of demonstrable Java and native Android Development experience
• You will have a minimum of one app published in the Google Play Store
• Android Studio, Android SDK and Google compatibility libraries experience is required
• Experience using databases, ideally Couchbase
• Source control using svn or git
Skills & Qualities:
• Maintainable and clean code using Java
• UX/UI Design
• Ability to reason about performance and profiling and justify when to optimise for performance or readability
• Strong attention to detail, especially with UI components
• Ability to communicate effectively with other developers and members of the non-technical team
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as part of a team
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent.
To apply for this role email your CV to email@example.com. We will be reviewing CVs on an ongoing basis so please apply as soon as you can so you don’t miss out.