Innovate UK is organising two Global Business Accelerator Programmes on Artificial Intelligence (AI) delivered by Enterprise Europe Network in March 2018
UK AI companies selected to participate in these fully funded programmes will have the opportunity to develop partnerships and working relationships with businesses in the regions, visit AI laboratories, meet research partners and academic institutions and pitch to venture capitalists to foster collaborative innovation projects and knowledge exchange.
AI Global Business Accelerator Programme to Silicon Valley, USA
5 to 8 March 2018
AI Global Business Accelerator Programme to Toronto, Canada
9 to 22 March 2018
Canadian academia, industry and government are heavily investing in Artificial Intelligence, setting the stage for it to become a research and development powerhouse.
Silicon Valley needs little introduction: it is a global leader in technology start-ups and venture capital with significant AI strengths.
What are the benefits of participating?
• Attend a preparation event in the UK to get ready for the visit
• Attend a four-day Accelerator Programme (excluding travel days) with fully funded flights, accommodation and in-market activities
• Visit innovation hubs, AI laboratories and academic institutions in the region working at the leading edge of AI-based technology
• Meet businesses in each region to gain market knowledge, industry insights and build potential partnerships
• Pitch to and network with top tier venture capital firms in the region
• Attend networking events with stakeholders and other delegates
• Free time to conduct meetings outside of the planned itinerary
• Follow-up with support with an Enterprise Europe Network adviser.
Who should apply?
UK registered, revenue generating, small and medium-sized enterprises with proprietary technology in the field of AI (any sector or vertical).
Can I apply for both USA & Canada?
Yes - Delegates may apply for one OR both of the programmes. More than one participant per company can attend, but the second and subsequent delegates will need to pay their own expenses.
What is the cost?
Commitment fee of £400, fully refundable for participating delegates*
This includes flights, hotels and programme activities.
*Non-attendance on the programme and agreed action plan after formal acceptance may result in forfeiting some or all of this deposit.
How will delegates be selected?
Applications will be considered in two phases, as follows:
Phase 1 - Online applications to assess eligibility and suitability of companies.
Phase 2 - Short listed companies will be reviewed by a panel who will select the final delegation for each programme
Please note that companies can apply for one or both Programmes
Please be aware that the confirmation of registration does NOT mean that you have been accepted onto the Accelerator Programme as it is a competitive two stage evaluation process. You will be notified of the outcome of Phase 1 on 26th, January 2018.