St John’s Innovation Centre Ltd
The newly refurbished kitchen and servery area of the Bistro is looking to expand all Bistro, Atrium and Conference services across the developing Innovation Park. The newly extended Bistro with additional indoor and outdoor seating area has created this new position which requires a highly motivated and well organised individual with excellent customer services skills to develop our services.
Hours of Work 37.5 p/w Monday to Friday (need to be very flexible depending on bookings)
This role will ensure that:
* the Company provides a first class efficient, friendly conference service
*it provides support to the front of house team to ensure that food is presented and served to the high standard expected by tenants and visitors.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• To ensure that Conference bookings are handled in an efficient and professional manner. To communicate in a friendly, efficient way from original enquiry, estimate of costs, handling of the conference on the day and checking out and invoicing. This will require the use of the Company’s conference booking and invoicing system.
• To work with the Conference & Catering Manager to achieve targets set for conference & catering.
• To set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested. To be available whilst conferences are in place outside the normal working hours if required.
• To serve food and drinks to conference clients and replenish food, beverages and equipment as requested and ordered.
• To liaise with other company members to ensure that the conference facilities are clean, well maintained and welcoming e.g. maintenance and cleaning teams, reception team to ensure visitors to the Centre are welcomed.
• To ensure that feedback forms are in place and any comments, good or bad are acted upon.
• To cooperate with the Conference & Catering Manager with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standards.
• To ensure that the restaurant and conference areas are locked and secure outside of opening times. To support the Conference & Catering Manager as required.
• To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customer’s special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
• Assist with the hygienic cleaning schedules to agreed standards
• Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues
• Promote a good company image to customers and guest by using positive customer service practices.
• To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine with within the scope of the position and the department’s activities.
• To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
• To attend meetings and courses, as required.
• Literate, numerate & IT literate
• Hygiene qualification or equivalent (Desirable)
• Previous conference & catering experience in a hotel or conference venue
• Ability to use feedback forms to improve offering
• Previous experience of working in small catering team (Desirable)
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Customer service training (Desirable)
• Self motivated but also to recognise team dynamics and work well in a team.
• Positive approach to learning in role
• Use own initiative
• Flexible approach to role
• Desire to make a difference (Desirable)
If you are interested in the position or have any questions please sent your CV to Lynn Nangle email@example.com