St John’s Innovation Centre Ltd
Expected Experience: 5 years marketing/events
Based at the Innovation Centre, Cambridge
Since 2018, the St John’s Innovation Park has changed from the simple colocation of several buildings to an area with a sense of place, shared services and common identity where joint social and training events are held and communication on a Park-wide basis has stepped up. St John’s Innovation Centre’s thriving Projects Team is the Enterprise Europe Network Access to Finance specialist for the East of England; it also delivers other coaching contracts for organisations such as the Royal Academy of Engineering and leads a national Pitchfest (investment readiness) programme for Innovate UK. We expect to expand our services in all these areas.
This is dynamic and varied role would suit someone with several years’ marketing experience, working independently with a hands on attitude, being happy to work across two different areas of our business (see below), with the ability to prioritise so as to keep both elements delivered in a timely manner.
- Centre Marketing: You will be responsible for providing marketing services as diverse as conference and catering, tenant services and virtual tenancies through producing the monthly newsletter, managing the SJIC website and noticeboards, promoting tenant news and publicising Centre events such as Sundowners (our regular early-evening informative expert dialogues). In addition to promoting the Centre, you will take the lead in supporting the wider St John’s Innovation Park.
- Programme Marketing: You will provide specific marketing services for contracts delivered by our Projects team in the East of England region (and, at times, nationally across our consortium). These services are measured and monitored closely against clearly-defined key performance indicators for each contract. A good understanding of the outputs will be required, with the ability to deliver specific activities such as drafting press releases, creating success stories, managing website content and contributing to the national consortium newsletter, liaising with clients and stakeholders, promotion via social media and organising and delivering events.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Putting marketing plans in place to:
- provide regular communications to intermediaries, companies, tenants and external agencies
- produce a sales pipeline for St John’s Innovation Centre activities and events, including tenants, client companies, intermediaries and investors
- liaising with internal teams to develop marketing materials as required
- assessing and communicating the results of marketing campaigns and events activities
- Ensuring branding for the Company and individual programmes are understood, used and updated as required. Ensuring staff are aware of latest branding principles.
- Ensuring that all marketing (including digital) and events are delivered to meet Company and programme targets. Collecting, analysing, recording and publishing data as required.
- Responsible for the marketing, organisation, management, evaluation, attendance and follow-up of face-to-face and digital events including masterclasses, workshops and seminars for the Programmes and
- Public relations, including drafting press releases, preparing success stories, newsletters and blogs in a timely manner.
- Production of and managing all hard-copy and digital collateral.
- Responsible for managing and updating website content (Company and programmes).
- Managing CRM systems and client databases to ensure that all information is entered correctly, current, fully populated and can deliver accurate management intelligence.
- Managing, delivering and tracking Marketing KPIs (Centre & Projects) and reporting on them on a frequent basis.
- Keeping news and notice boards updated to project a professional image
- – Supportive team player, multi-tasker (with ability to load dishwasher occasionally an advantage!)
- – Welcoming and approachable, good at building relationships
- – Determination to follow an issue through to resolution, manage priorities, deliver to timescales
- – Good attention to detail
- – Able to work independently
- – At least 5 years in a Marketing role
- – Good organisation & planning skills
- – Commercial awareness
- – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- – Good working knowledge of LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook (note that this role extends considerably beyond using social media)
- – Experienced in the use of Eventbrite, WordPress CMS or similar
- – Knowledge of marketing practice in a B2B environment
- – Experience of working with EU programmes or government organisations not essential but an advantage
For further information or to apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
We manage all personal data in accordance with current legislation.