Remuneration: Highly Competitive Base + Stock Options
Expected Experience: 5-10 years Reports to: VP Engineering
HQ: Cambridge, UK
PervasID designs and supplies best-in-class, passive RFID fixed reader systems enabling our customers to better track their inventory and optimise their asset management. Based on proprietary technology developed by our founders at Cambridge University, our RFID readers have far greater accuracy, range, and speed than any other RFID readers on the market.
We are growing fast and are backed by leading strategic investors such as Stanley Black & Decker. We have ambitious plans to continue our growth and become the global market leader. To drive this growth, the company is seeking to engage a Senior Hardware Engineer. You will be a key member of the technical team, improving PervasID’s product to help it achieve financial growth through maintaining and improving on its market leading product performance. This role will report directly to the VP Engineering.
The primary role is hardware development including design, prototype verification and testing within the Engineering team. You will also be working closely with our Software and Operations teams and will occasionally support the Field Engineering team. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a new in-house electronics laboratory facility.
Work at all levels of the design process, including:
- RF, analogue, and digital hardware design
- Schematic capture and PCB layout
- Test and debug of prototypes in a laboratory environment
- Support of product manufacturing and production test
- Support of product compliance testing
- Investigation of hardware-related field issues
- Knowledge of RF circuitry and design
- Experience of RF standards compliance and test equipment (e.g. network analysers, spectrum analysers,)
- Understanding of RF systems (e.g. transmitters, receivers, antennas, and propagation)
- Experience of PCB design (schematic entry and PCB layout, preferably using Altium tools)
Other Useful Skills
Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Electronics
- Knowledge of analogue and digital hardware design
- Experience of production support
- Essential software/scripting skills e.g. C or python
- Knowledge of RFID or similar wireless systems
Excellent interpersonal communications
- Hands-on approach
- Willingness to work with other areas of the business including with customer facing staff should need arise
This is a full-time position based in Cambridge. Our modern office at St Johns Innovation Centre, within walking distance of Cambridge North station, offers a range of facilities including free parking and an onsite cafe.
For further information or to apply for any of these positions please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We manage all personal data in accordance with current legislation. Please see our website for further information.