St John’s Innovation Centre
Job Title: Project Officer for the Programmes & Marketing Team
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week 5 days
This role will provide project office support to the St John’s Innovation Centre Consultancy and Marketing team to enable it to deliver its programmes effectively. It is a varied role which will include day-to-day administration, involvement in the of development of project office systems, and marketing & social media for the Centre.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administration of programmes such as arranging project meetings, taking accurate minutes, chasing up actions, organising travel arrangements for the consultancy team members
• Under the Head of Programmes and Development, ensure that all data recording systems required for the programmes are kept up to date and work correctly; and provide support to the team in using the systems.
• Compile programme returns accurately and within required deadlines.
• Implementation of and management of project office systems i.e. timesheets, expenses, online project management tools
• With the Finance & Operations team, monitor project budgets vs actuals, raising issues as appropriate to the Head of Programmes and Development
• Prepare first draft of regular periodic reports to funding bodies, for review by the Head of Programmes & Development.
• Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, coordination of events, including pre-event and post-event delegate communication, event curation to ensure smooth running of registration, refreshments etc.
• Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, assist with digital marketing, including the coordination of email campaigns promoting SJIC scale-up support and events, researching tech and innovation landscape for SJIC blogs and social media content.
• Any other ad hoc duties as required including input on delivery on projects as required.
Personal Attributes – Essential:
Graduate or equivalent
Minimum of one year’s experience in an office environment
Excellent Microsoft office skills
Advanced Excel level
Excellent written and oral communication skills (accuracy, brevity, clarity)
Driving licence and access to vehicle
Experience of other office systems, project office, customer systems (Desirable)
Must have a very flexible approach to work
Enjoy working in a small team
Able to recognise and meet deadlines
Positive approach to learning in role
Project office training will be available after 6 months’ successful probation, other training courses will be supported where needed.
To apply for this role, please contact Miranda Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org