St John’s Innovation Centre
Job Title: Senior Innovation Advisors (Full Time)
Salary to £50k plus benefits
Site location: Cambridge
We are looking for two Senior Innovation Advisors to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to work with a variety of programmes and delivery streams within a small and flexible team. We are looking for motivated candidates with experience in SME development and a great ability to build lasting professional relationships.
Since 2018, the St John’s Innovation Park has changed from the simple colocation of several buildings to an area with a sense of place, shared services and common identity where joint social and training events are held and communication on a Park-wide basis has stepped up. As a result of a recent resignation, we are pleased to advertise this exciting role which will continue our engagement in the wider Cambridge ecosystem.
Senior Innovation Advisors (Full Time): Salary to £50k plus benefits
As a member of our Projects Team, the Senior Innovation Adviser will:
- As directed by the Head of Programmes and Development, use their specialist skills and tools provided to identify the growth opportunities for relevant businesses and offer bespoke business support services to help them maximise their project and business potential. The relevant businesses will include tenants and future tenants of the St John’s Innovation Centre and/or St John’s Innovation Park, companies in the wider Cambridge area and other areas depending on the criteria of the Programmes the Centre is under contract to deliver at the time.
- Identify potential companies that require business support by using excellent networking skills, attending relevant organisations within Cambridge and the East of England, building good relationships to further develop both St John’s Innovation Centre and St John’s Innovation Park and promoting the Programmes we have to deliver. This may be by making presentations to interested groups, delivering workshops, attending conferences
- Be part of the public face team of the Centre for visits and for networking and speaking events
- Work alongside the operational and services team at the Centre, to support the activities promoted with the aim of ensuring that the Centre and Park operates to its full potential where we can influence
- Recognise the importance of capturing key data within internal systems, contributing to planning and financial processes
- STEM Graduate
- 5+ years of business experience in successful SME
- Proven business coaching skills esp. Access to Finance knowledge and wider contacts around the Cambridge Cluster and East of England region
- Excellent networking and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of SME issues, ability to advise high-potential firms IT literate, input to CRM systems, Excel, Word and report writing skills are essential
- Capable of working independently and a great team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to make things happen including loading the dishwasher occasionally!
How We Work
- Across the company, each team engages in providing the best possible home for our clients, tenants and visitors to ensure that a dynamic and supportive environment can help ambitious innovative firms accelerate their growth
- The company joins together regularly – conference and catering, support and maintenance staff, finance and projects teams – to support the overall aims of the Centre
- Our passion is helping entrepreneurs excel and candidates will need to show a willingness to be a part of this
Closing date: 22nd July
Please send CV and covering letter to Lynn Nangle (Finance & Operations Mgr) firstname.lastname@example.org