St Johns Innovation Centre
Senior Innovation Advisor
Salary to £55k plus benefits
Since 2018, the St John’s Innovation Park has changed from the simple colocation of several buildings to an area with a sense of place, shared services and common identity where joint social and training events are held and communication on a Park-wide basis has stepped up. As a result of a recent resignation, we are pleased to advertise this exciting role which will continue our engagement in the wider Cambridge ecosystem.
Our Projects team has been growing and we are looking for Senior Innovation Advisor with Access to Finance experience to replace a long standing member of our team who is retiring. This is a unique opportunity to work with a variety of programmes and delivery streams within a small and flexible team. We are looking for a motivated candidate with experience in SME development and a great ability to build lasting professional relationships. As the team has grown we are also looking for someone who would be happy to also support the Head of Programmes in occasionally representing SICL working with the various stakeholders of our key programmes, being able to input into tenders for new work and contribute where appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the projects element of the team and Centre.
As a member of our Projects Team, the Senior Innovation Adviser will:
– As directed by the Head of Programmes and Development, use their Access to Finance specialist skills and tools provided to identify the growth opportunities for relevant businesses and offer bespoke business support services to help them maximise their project and business potential. The relevant businesses will include tenants and future tenants of the St John’s Innovation Centre and/or St John’s Innovation Park, companies in the wider Cambridge area and other areas depending on the criteria of the Programmes the Centre is under contract to deliver at the time.
– Identify potential companies that require business support by using excellent networking skills, attending relevant organisations within Cambridge and the East of England, building good relationships to further develop both St John’s Innovation Centre and St John’s Innovation Park and promoting the Programmes we have to deliver. This may be by making presentations to interested groups, delivering workshops, attending conferences
– To support the Head of Programmes representing SJIC when working with the various stakeholders of our key programmes, being able to input into tenders for new work and contribute where appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the projects element of the team and Centre.
– To be part of the public facing team of the Centre for visits and for networking and speaking events.
– To work alongside the operational and services team at the Centre, to support the activities promoted with the aim of ensuring that the Centre and Park operates to its full potential where we can influence.
– To recognise the importance of capturing key data within internal systems, contributing to planning and financial processes.
– 5+ years business experience in successful SME, proven business coaching skills esp. Access to Finance
– Extensive knowledge of SME issues, ability to advise high-potential firms
– Knowledge of and wider contacts around the Cambridge Cluster and East of England region. Excellent networking and presentation skills
– Project Management experience of £100k – £500k projects
– IT literate, input to CRM systems, Excel, Word & report writing skills will be essential.
– Capable of working independently, but must be a great team player with good interpersonal skills. Ability make things happen including loading the dishwasher occasionally.
– The Centre exists to provide a dynamic and supportive environment to accelerate the growth of ambitious innovative firms in Cambridge and as such we aim for a similar environment for our staff. We are open to new ideas.
– To support the overall aims of the Centre on a collegial basis
– A passion to help entrepreneurs excel
Closing date: 14 March 2021
Please send CV and covering letter to Lynn Nangle (Finance & Operations Mgr) firstname.lastname@example.org