Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Role: Java Developer – REST API and backend services
Salary: Circa £40,000
RedBite is an established company with various global RFID device management and inventory tracking projects and products. You will join a diverse, bright and experienced team of developers that have developed systems used by one of the world’s largest intergovernmental organisations, across over 55 countries.
RedBite provides its employees a platform to excel in a collaborative, fast-paced and supportive working environment.
We are seeking a passionate Java developer to build our next generation web and backend services for our RFID and QR asset tracking mobile and web app. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a technically diverse team that is developing services which will serve our rapidly growing product. You will be enthusiastic about making contributions that help the team to meet the challenges we face delivering high-quality software within a complex business domain.
• Java EE and related technologies (Spring Framework, Spring Boot)
• Maven, Unix/Linux usage.
• Understanding of Agile development and toolset.
• Familiar with Unit testing, and proficiency in TDD (Test Driven Development).
• Quick to assimilate new ideas and concepts.
• A practical approach to troubleshooting and problem solving, you will show a high level of initiative.
• Excellent attention to detail when under pressure, takes delivery commitments seriously, responsible and motivated.
• Enthusiastic team-player who will be willing and able to help colleagues to deliver against changing priorities and requirements in a flexible manner.
• Ability to communicate and work collaboratively in a fast-paced cross-functional team.
• Exposure to ElasticSearch; Understanding of document based database
• Exposure to Neo4J; Understanding of graph database
• Exposure to JMS/ActiveMQ/Kafka/RabbitMQ: Understanding of messaging protocol and bus
• Exposure to Amazon Web Services
• Good understanding of web security.
• Has a good understanding of OO principles and application of design patterns.
• Exposure to RxJava; Has a good understanding of reactive programming
• Keeping up-to-date with current and future technologies as they relate to own and team’s areas of work.
• Able to work outside own comfort zone to advance own skills and departmental/company competencies.
• Minimum 2 years experience in java development
• Experience of developing RESTful web services.
• Degree level education (Preferably in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics).
To apply for this role email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing CVs on an ongoing basis so please apply as soon as you can so you don’t miss out.