PervasID design and sell world leading technology readers that allow customers to detect, locate and track passive RFID tags at up to 20m. These are used by customers in retail, healthcare and industrial sectors to create efficient and effective processes. Their readers provide a cost-effective solution to enable processes that gain insights to help increase customer service, improve efficiency, reduce costs and increase throughput.
PervasID is a spin out from Cambridge University, venture capital backed, and growing rapidly in all geographic regions. The Software Engineer is a key member of the team; improving PervasID’s product to help it achieve financial growth through maintaining and improving on its market leading product performance.
The primary roles are twofold:
- Customer facing. To support worldwide deployments of our product. This includes both RF hardware and software.
- Product development and testing of new software releases and new software architectures at both the server and embedded levels.
In order to gain product experience, initially you will be working closely with our Software, HardWare and Field Engineering teams.
You will then be expected to work approximately 50% of the time in the field supporting deployments/installations of the systems (currently the majority of our deployments/installations of the systems are in the UK/EU). The remainder of the time will be office based in Cambridge, developing SW releases, new software architectures and testing.
- Development of SoftWare releases and new software architectures
- On and off-site customer support, deployment and testing.
- Preparing user guide manuals
- Recommendations for product improvements.Liaising with the field engineering teams.
Desired technical Skills
- Excellent skill level in languages: ‘C’, Python on Embedded Linux, RTOS and PC servers.
- High level of knowledge of programming C in multi-threaded applications on both RTOS and Linux.
- Very good knowledge of TCP/IP communications and addressing. This includes queueing-based technology such as MQTT or ZeroMQ.
- Processors: Arm micro controller experience.
- Familiarity with test equipment
- Nice to have:
FPGA and SDR experience
Altium CAD experience
Linux Kernel development experience.
RF system level experience.
Hardware solutions environment experience
Willingness to travel to customer sites
A desire to learn and work in other areas of our business such as production development should the need arise.
A flexible approach to be able to adapt to customer requirements to ensure projects are achieved to agreed timescale and budget
Excellent inter personal skills, ability to understand needs and pressures on a number of stakeholders.
For this role the right candidate is likely to have the following.
- 3 to 5 years SW related experience.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or Computer Science.
To find out more and apply, please contact Sarah Wood on firstname.lastname@example.org