Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them, before making any booking in relation to any of the Services.
You should understand that by booking for any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
Please click on the button marked “I Accept” during the event booking process if you accept these terms and conditions.
Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to make a booking on our site.
1. By making a booking through our site, you warrant that (i) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and you are at least 18 years old, and (ii) you or your business satisfy any qualification criteria that apply to the Service you are booking (as detailed on our site).
2. After making a booking you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your booking request. All booking requests are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that your booking has been accepted and registered (the Booking Confirmation).
3. The Booking Confirmation will be sent to you when we receive payment for the Service you have booked. The contract between us (the Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Booking Confirmation.
4. The Contract will relate only to those Services we have confirmed in the Booking Confirmation and we will not be obliged to supply any other Services.
5. You may cancel a Contract at any time by giving notice of such cancellation in accordance with clause 17. We may cancel a Contract at any time with immediate effect by giving notice of such cancellation in accordance with clause 18.
6. Subject to clause 7, if you cancel a Contract, you will receive a full refund of any fee paid for the Services in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in clause 12 below) provided we have received notice of such cancellation not later than 5 working days prior to the date of the start of the Service.
7. If you cancel a Contract, we shall be entitled to deduct from any refund due an administrative charge of a minimum amount of £10 and any expenses incurred by us on your behalf in providing the Services.
8. The fees payable for any Service will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
9. Fees include VAT where payable. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of the start of the Services, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Services in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
10. Fees are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect bookings in respect of which we have already sent you a Booking Confirmation.
11. Payment for all Services must be by credit or debit card at the time of booking. If you are not able to make payment by credit or debit card, please call our finance department on 01223 420252 to arrange an alternative method of payment.
12. We will process any refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation.
13. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for the Services.
14. If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the fee paid for the Services and we shall not be liable for any loss, damage, harm or detriment, howsoever caused whether in negligence or otherwise arising from or in connection with the subject matter of the Contract.
15. We reserve the right to exclude any participant from any of the Services.
16. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
17. All notices given by you to us must be given to St John’s Innovation Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS.
18. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when making a booking. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter.
19. You acknowledge that any data (Data) submitted by you will be (i) processed by us for the purposes of providing the Services, and (ii) supplied to any affiliated partners, investors, subcontractors and agents involved in the provision of the Services, and that such uses constitute legitimate business uses and are proportionate in the circumstances.
20. Any Data supplied by you will be held securely by us and any personal data supplied for the purposes of the Services will be processed by us as data controller in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1988.
21. By registering for any Service you and your business agree to (i) provide feedback to us about the Service provided as and when requested by us, and (ii) participate in reasonable PR, including interviews with media, quotes in press releases, case studies and participation in photo opportunities.
22. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
23. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
24. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control.
25. Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
26. No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 17 above.
27. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
28. These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them and any terms applicable to any particular Service as notified to you from time to time constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of any Contract.
29. We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
30. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you receive a Booking Confirmation, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority.
31. Contracts for the provision of Services through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
32. A person who is not party to these terms and conditions or a Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.