Job Title: Test Engineer
Reporting to: VP of Operations
Site location: Cambridge
Pre-requisites: Clean Driving License
PervasID design and sell world leading technology readers that allow customers to detect, locate and track passive RFID tags at up to 20m from a single antenna. Our products are used across a range of markets, including retail healthcare and manufacturing to create effective and effective inventory management processes.
We are growing rapidly in all geographic regions and are now looking for a Test Engineer to support operational implementation to manage Tier 1 customers.
The role will involve the development of hardware and software solutions with PervasID contract manufacturing partners, to test our products efficiently and effectively using ICT and ATE solutions. Additionally, the role will require the Test Engineer to manage the company’s product return process (RMA), which will involve fault finding to component level and develop customer reports.
The role may involve travel both in the UK and overseas, sometimes at short notice.
• Develop hardware and software test solutions for automated product testing
• Development of detailed test procedures to add CEM partners
• Manage RMA returns process
• Fault find and repair customer returned product to component level
• Support Customer Complaints investigation and Problem Management
• Drive supplier Corrective and preventive actions
• Create defect analysis
• Quality Cost management
• CEM support QA, warranty, NPI, Returns & repair, reliability, customer complaints and continual improvement.
• Participate in New Product team to provide quality input
Desired technical Skills:
• Design experience of RF hardware (antennas, transmitters and receivers) and problem solving.
• Working knowledge of Linux and Servers / Networks
• Experience of develop ISO and DFT procedures
• Strong RF electronic background
• Program software development using C, C++, Labview etc
• RMA process understanding
• Proven experience in supplying test solutions to Electronic assemblies
• Strong customer facing skills.
• Worked within ISO procedures and processes
• Excellent understand of Windows applications e.g. Power Point, Excel and Word
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team Player
• Highly motivated, flexibility of working hours to support CEM partners
Degree or Equivalent in RF Electronics and or Computer
This is a full-time position based in Cambridge. Our modern office at St Johns Innovation Centre, within walking distance of Cambridge North station, offers a range of facilities including free parking and a cafe onsite. For further information or to apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org