The newly refurbished kitchen and servery area of the Bistro is looking to expand all Bistro, Atrium and Conference services across the developing Innovation Park. The newly extended Bistro with additional indoor and outdoor seating area has created this new position which requires a highly motivated and well organised individual with excellent customer services skills to develop our services.
Hours of Work: 41.5 per week (flexibility over evenings & weekends as necessary) to include attendance Commis Chef Level 2 as required.
This role will support the Chef in managing the day to day running of the kitchen and provision of hot foods to ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained including providing support to the front of house team to ensure that food is presented and served to the high standard expected by tenants and visitors. This role will prepare food and carry out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of the Chef. The role is all encompassing and will also include specific responsibilities for front of house and daily cleardown.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- To develop culinary Skills – to work with the Chef to learn the business influences on dishes and menus, technology for development of dishes, checking food stocks and storage, set-up, preparation and cleaning tasks, identify ingredients, portion sizes, principles of food preparation and cooking, knives and kitchen equipment, and seasonality.
- To be knowledgeable about food safety – personal hygiene, practices, store, prep and cooking.
- To understand people – team performance, communication, training and development.
- To learn about the business of the Conference & Catering department – basic costing, supply chain, waste management, identify risks.
- Promote a good company image to customers and guest by using positive customer service practices.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine within the kitchen, conference and catering area as requested.
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible
- Comply with statutory and company requirements.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
- To attend meetings and courses, as required.
Literate, numerate & IT literate,
Hygiene qualification or equivalent
Previous catering experience in a hotel or conference venue
Previous experience of working in small catering team
Ability to work well under pressure
Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
Enthusiastic approach to learning in role
Use own initiative
Flexible approach to role
To find out more and apply for this position, please contact Lynn Nangle at firstname.lastname@example.org